Holiday Sale Dec. 18, 19 & 21, 2015!!
Sale Open Fri 11-5, Sat 10-4, Mon 11-6
Special holiday sale in our Fiber Arts studio at the Alpaca Farm! Located in Amish farm country,Tealwater Ranch is home to 65 alpacas and only opens to the public a few days each year to invite visitors to learn about alpacas and the processing of alpaca fleece collected annually by hand shearing.
Pure baby soft alpaca products make cherished gifts not found in most department stores. Alpaca fleece is softer, lighter, warmer than sheep wool without the itch often felt with wool products. Quality alpaca is comparable to cashmere yet more durable. We offer a fine selection of imported Peruvian high quality socks, gloves, glittens, hats, scarves, shawls, sweaters, blankets and toys, as well as one-of a kind wearable art handmade in Michigan of luxurious alpaca yarns.
Celebrating our 10th year, we also have alpacas for sale with Herd Reduction prices not posted on our web site. For Fiber Artists we sell Roving & fiber grown on our farm.
Frosty says give ALPACA at Christmas!
||MI Spring Breeders Show 2013 - Prodigious White Male Champion
||MI Spring Breeders Show 2013 - Bernie Light Fawn Male Res. Champion
||MI Spring Breeders Show 2014 - Indy's 4th Blue Ribbon
Celebrating our 10 Year Anniversary, TealWater Ranch is home to a thriving, colorful, quality herd of both Huacaya and Suri alpacas. We are large enough to help new breeders build quality starter-herd packages, yet still fully hands-on to provide individual attention and sound advice. We know each of our alpacas' names, personalities, fiber traits and bloodlines as we assembled this herd individually through selective investments and breeding decisions. Our choice of studs has resulted in multiple show champions produced on our farm - enough to qualify Tealwater Ranch as "Certified Elite".
Our dedication to ethical, responsible raising of alpacas for the unique fiber they produce is your assurance that you will get sound advice and honest answers, not to mention thoughtful help in selecting either alpaca livestock or fiber to meet your needs. We have alpacas priced for smaller budgets, offered as fiber/companion animal stock.
Our foundation stock represents world class quality, with record setting and famous ancestors in their pedigrees including:
- Cantano of Peru - Suri - 2003 world record high selling alpaca at $265,000
- Snowmass Matrix - Huacaya - 2010 world record high selling alpaca at $650,000
- Snowmass Elite Legend - Huacaya - Multi Herd Sire of the Year, Multi Champion titles and offspring, stud fee $10,000
- Peruvian Ion - Huacaya - 2005 High selling stud at auction $80,000
- Brilliance de Peru - Huacaya - 2008 sold at private treaty over $500,000
- Moon Rivers Peruvian Durango - Suri - 7x Brown Color Champion 3/4 Accoyo - exported from U.S. 2009
- Peruvian Accoyo Express - Huacaya - Full Accoyo Fawn, sire of over 30 champion offspring
- 4Peruvian Black Magic - Huacaya - True Black import of Stachowski Alpacas
- 4Peruvian Condor - Suri - Dark Silver Gray import of Great Lakes Ranch, sire of rare color champion lines
How can you benefit as a client of Tealwater Ranch? We offer expertise in fiber sorting and grading, animal selection and breeding decisions. We believe our reputation and your trust is earned in every transaction, and repeat customers are the best kind to have. We offer raw fiber, roving, yarn and finished products for sale in luxurious alpaca.
Come visit us on our 40 acre historic farm dating back to 1880 in a part of Michigan named for its beautiful rolling hills and forests reminiscent of Vermont. Spend a peaceful day in the country where Amish horse and buggies roll past the farm daily. The farm is a great place to live, breath fresh air and watch the alpacas graze and pronk!