Maple Syrup Festival! - April 28-30, 2017
77th Annual Vermontville Maple Syrup Festival is your chance to taste the sweetness of country living. Come for the pancakes and hot maple syrup, then visit Tealwater Ranch on Saturday afternoon to learn about alpacas. Farm will be open from 3-5 PM for tours.
Thanks again to everyone who visited us at Ann Arbor's Spring Fiber Expo. Tealwater shares a booth with award winning nature artist Nancy Byrum, where her paintings enhance the beauty of the products offered in natural luxury fibers.
Great savings on alpacas for sale!! Herd Reduction - over 30 alpacas, from solid breeding to fiber/pet livestock, deep package discounts! Health issues are forcing us to reduce our herd at dispersal prices!!
Watercolor Series Wet-Felt Scarves by Cora at Fiber Expo
||MI Spring Breeders Show 2013 - Prodigious White Male Champion
||MI Spring Breeders Show 2013 - Bernie Light Fawn Male Res. Champion
||MI Spring Breeders Show 2014 - Indy's 4th Blue Ribbon
Now in our 12th year raising colorful, quality Huacaya and Suri alpacas for the beautiful fiber they produce. We have the genetic diversity and bloodlines to help new breeders build quality starter-herd packages, yet we remain fully hands-on to provide individual attention and sound advice. We know each of our alpacas' names, personalities, fiber traits and bloodlines as we assembled this herd individually through selective investments and breeding decisions. Our choice of studs has resulted in multiple show champions produced on our farm - enough to qualify Tealwater Ranch as "Certified Elite".
Our dedication to ethical, responsible raising of alpacas for the unique fiber they produce is your assurance that you will get sound advice and honest answers, not to mention thoughtful help in selecting either alpaca livestock or fiber to meet your needs. We have alpacas priced for smaller budgets, offered as fiber/companion animal stock.
How can you benefit as a client of Tealwater Ranch? By taking advantage of our expertise in fiber sorting and grading, animal selection and breeding decisions. We believe our reputation and your trust is earned in every transaction, and repeat customers are the best kind to have! We offer raw fiber, roving, yarn and finished products for sale in luxurious alpaca.
Our foundation stock represents world class quality, with record setting and famous ancestors in their pedigrees including:
- Cantano of Peru - Suri - 2003 world record high selling alpaca at $265,000
- Snowmass Matrix - Huacaya - 2010 world record high selling alpaca at $650,000
- Snowmass Elite Legend - Huacaya - Multi Herd Sire of the Year, Multi Champion titles and offspring, stud fee $10,000
- Peruvian Ion - Huacaya - 2005 High selling stud at auction $80,000
- Brilliance de Peru - Huacaya - 2008 sold at private treaty over $500,000
- Moon Rivers Peruvian Durango - Suri - 7x Brown Color Champion 3/4 Accoyo - exported from U.S. 2009
- Peruvian Accoyo Express - Huacaya - Full Accoyo Fawn, sire of over 30 champion offspring
- 4Peruvian Black Magic - Huacaya - True Black import of Stachowski Alpacas
- 4Peruvian Condor - Suri - Dark Silver Gray import of Great Lakes Ranch, sire of rare color champion lines
Come visit us on our 40 acre historic farm dating back to 1880 in a part of Michigan named for its beautiful rolling hills and forests reminiscent of Vermont. Spend a peaceful day in the country where Amish horse and buggies roll past the farm daily. The farm is a great place to live, breath fresh air and watch the alpacas graze and pronk!