Herd Reduction Pen Sale - Oct. 2016
See the More Info tab above for details of this limited time offer for great savings on alpacas!!
THANK YOU Sabrina & Mark for your purchase of 4 breeding females!
Other News: Tealwater Ranch organized & sponsored the first ever AOA Certified Alpaca Fleece Show & SALE at the MI Fiber Festival, and the only AOA Fleece Show in MI in 2016. International Sr. Judge Wade Gease, WI judged 39 fleece entries.
BIG NEWS: At almost 5 years old our CH Snowmass Prodigious 2016 fleece won the AOA Huacaya Spirit of the Fiber Industry Award at the MFF Fleece Show! This award recognizes the individual alpaca that holds and even increases its value by maintaining a fleece that remains commercially viable at the highest quality over time. The award honors traits recognized as very valuable in long term breeding strategies. The award is for the best fleece in 3 years and older categories. Also, Tealwater's Midsummer Night won Dark Color Champion fleece, our Snowmass Kuliana won Dark Reserve CH!
Sr. Judge Wade Gease at MFF 2016 AOA Certified Fleece Show, organized/sponsored by Tealwater Ranch
||MI Spring Breeders Show 2013 - Prodigious White Male Champion
||MI Spring Breeders Show 2013 - Bernie Light Fawn Male Res. Champion
||MI Spring Breeders Show 2014 - Indy's 4th Blue Ribbon
Now in our 11th Year, TealWater Ranch is home to a thriving, colorful, quality herd of both Huacaya and Suri alpacas. We are large enough to help new breeders build quality starter-herd packages, yet still fully hands-on to provide individual attention and sound advice. We know each of our alpacas' names, personalities, fiber traits and bloodlines as we assembled this herd individually through selective investments and breeding decisions. Our choice of studs has resulted in multiple show champions produced on our farm - enough to qualify Tealwater Ranch as "Certified Elite".
Our dedication to ethical, responsible raising of alpacas for the unique fiber they produce is your assurance that you will get sound advice and honest answers, not to mention thoughtful help in selecting either alpaca livestock or fiber to meet your needs. We have alpacas priced for smaller budgets, offered as fiber/companion animal stock.
How can you benefit as a client of Tealwater Ranch? We offer expertise in fiber sorting and grading, animal selection and breeding decisions. We believe our reputation and your trust is earned in every transaction, and repeat customers are the best kind to have. We offer raw fiber, roving, yarn and finished products for sale in luxurious alpaca.
Our foundation stock represents world class quality, with record setting and famous ancestors in their pedigrees including:
- Cantano of Peru - Suri - 2003 world record high selling alpaca at $265,000
- Snowmass Matrix - Huacaya - 2010 world record high selling alpaca at $650,000
- Snowmass Elite Legend - Huacaya - Multi Herd Sire of the Year, Multi Champion titles and offspring, stud fee $10,000
- Peruvian Ion - Huacaya - 2005 High selling stud at auction $80,000
- Brilliance de Peru - Huacaya - 2008 sold at private treaty over $500,000
- Moon Rivers Peruvian Durango - Suri - 7x Brown Color Champion 3/4 Accoyo - exported from U.S. 2009
- Peruvian Accoyo Express - Huacaya - Full Accoyo Fawn, sire of over 30 champion offspring
- 4Peruvian Black Magic - Huacaya - True Black import of Stachowski Alpacas
- 4Peruvian Condor - Suri - Dark Silver Gray import of Great Lakes Ranch, sire of rare color champion lines
Come visit us on our 40 acre historic farm dating back to 1880 in a part of Michigan named for its beautiful rolling hills and forests reminiscent of Vermont. Spend a peaceful day in the country where Amish horse and buggies roll past the farm daily. The farm is a great place to live, breath fresh air and watch the alpacas graze and pronk!